“Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.”
In October we will enlighten the minds of students about different learning methods and learning difficulties.
Learning skills are an essential part of studying. Every human being is an individual, so we also have our individual ways of learning. Our aim is to increase the students’ awareness of different learning techniques so that they can improve not only their own learning, but that of others as well, both inside and outside of school. The different learning techniques are:
– Visual (spatial): Learning using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
– Aural (auditory-musical): Learning using sound and music.
– Verbal (linguistic): Learning using words, both in speech and writing.
– Physical (kinesthetic): Learning using your body, hands and sense of touch.
– Logical (mathematical): Learning using logic, reasoning and systems.
– Social (interpersonal): Learning in groups or with other people.
– Solitary (intrapersonal): Learning by working alone and self-studying.
This doesn’t mean that everyone has a specific learning type. New theories suggest that different techniques should rather be adapted into your own learning to find the most effective ones for you.
What happens in October?
Our aim is to help students recognize their own learning type and offer learning tips specific for that type. In addition we will talk about learning difficulties and services Haaga-Helia offers to counter them.
– ISP-clinics on all campuses.
– Lectures about different learning types on all campuses.
– 2.10.2019 International Day of Non-Violence
– 4.10.2019 World Smile Day
– 4.10.2019 Cinnamon Roll Day
– 7.10.2019 World Day of Bullying Prevention
– 8.10.2019 Day of silence
– 10.10.2019 World Mental Health Day
– 16.10.2019 World Food Day